Friday, February 1, 2013

Snowflakes are falling!

It's so fun to have a quilt just for winter/Christmas! I am finally posting about this quilt that has been done for ahile now but just haven't gotten around to writing about it yet!  This quilt has 90 snowball blocks in it so it took me a little over a year to get it pieced together because sewing that many blocks get a little monotonous!  This was my first attempt at the starch applique method for putting the snowflake points on after I got all the layer cakes snowballed.  I have to say I was really leary at first but I like how it turned out.  Here is the link for the pattern: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/07/snowflakes-are-falling.html it's by Piece N Quilt using the Fruitcake line by Basic Grey from Moda.  My awesome longarmer, Val did the machine quilting using an overall with various snowflakes of all different shapes and sizes, she can be found here:  http://www.onawingquilting.com/Location.html  I used wool batting so it's nice and snuggly on these cold Minnesota winter nights.  This morning we woke up to -20 below and that's without the windchill added!

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt. Great pic!! You are so good at what you do.

    ReplyDelete